Pedals the sound system…perhaps you’ve seen it at Critical Mass or at a protest. It was built originally for the 2005 G8 protest ride from London to Scotland! Since then it has appeared at innumerable protests/bike rides/protest bikerides, most likely in part due to both it’s impressive sound and durability: “Pedals set the standard for mobile sound with its incredible volume, sound quality, and low power consumption thanks to features like a 6th order bandpass bass enclosure, class D amplifiers, and a highly efficient horn speaker and tweeters” (Bicycology).
How to DIY your own?
History of Pedals!
Here are also some photos and links to check out of mighty Pedals through the years!
In two years alone, Pedals was used in:
- Rally against GM potato crop trial in Hedon near Hull
- Faslane 365 Cyclists Blockade October 2006
- Camp for Climate Action Drax 2006
- Bicycology Summer 2006 Roadshow
- Big Green Gathering 2006 – Photo
- May 2006 London Critical Mass
- London May Day Critical Mass 2006
- Runnymede Ride, St Georges Day 2006
- Hyde Park alternative to Guantanamo demo
- Reclaim Love 2006
- DSEi 2005 Party for Peace